Longevity lessons from America is related to the long life of an individual promoting mainly the consumption of diet which is
- rich in nutrients and
- low in calories
Moreover, Keeping the skin healthy by enjoying the sun and getting a sun bath which is a very healthy trait to learn from American style of living.
- Sunbath or Suntan: giving a moderate amount of sunbath to the body is very beneficial. Sunlight is the best source of vitamin D.
Vitamin D from the sun:
- Have anti-cancer properties,
- Increase his bone health i.e. prevents the bone from rickets,
- Enhances the immune system,
- Protects against brain aging,
- Useful for shedding extra fat,
- Strengthens teeth and much more.
- Having breakfast Daily: eating a healthy breakfast rich in whole Green fruit and proteins.
Most of all Oatmeal is widely used in the diet which contains useful fibers and antioxidants.
Oats are useful for
- Reduction in bad cholesterol levels.
- Boosting immune Health.
- The Oat fiber cleanses our intestines successfully.
- Helps in preventing the colon cancer.
- Choosing foods with lower calorie content in the standard American diet include consumption of fruits and vegetables. Beer is a major source of antioxidants in their diet. Eating more low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese in their daily diet is to get enough calcium for the body.
Eating whole grain foods like brown rice, corn, fibrous rich foods such as oats helps provide enough fiber to the body which:
- Efficiently regulate the bowel movements,
- Lower down the cholesterol levels,
- Control the blood sugar levels and
- Furthermore, helps maintain a healthy intestine.
- Also Drinking more amount of water Daily: having known that plain water is the best beverage of all time. Because all sodas and juices, alcoholic drinks and beer contain lots of harmful calories, so now the western health culture has started consumption of maximum and more amount water there during the day.
- Promotes weight loss,
- Flushes out toxins,
- Maintains bowel movements,
- Boosts immune system,
- Regulate body temperature and much more.
- Embracing the habit of walking to work: adopted largely in the world the habit of walking to work has enormous benefits as it increases the required physical fitness with zero extra efforts.
- The more you sweat the more you shine so walking mostly makes us sweat and remove harmful toxins from your body via pores in the skin,
- Prevent the risk of Cancer,
- Moreover, Decreases the probability of stroke and other cardiovascular problems,
- Getting small amounts of less calorie diet in short intervals: to burn fat you need to eat fat.
American health culture includes consumption of a calculated (small) amount of meat and corn syrup in their diet and small meals results:
- In increase the rate of metabolism,
- Helps in shedding extra fat from the body,
- In achieving reduced and balanced cholesterol level in the diet,
- Provides stability in the mood,
- Furthermore, Increases the efficiency of the body to function throughout the day
- The required importance to oral health: the health of the mouth is directly related to the overall health of the body. Inside our mouth is a window of what’s going on in our body, in fact, the signs of fatal diseases such as HIV and diabetes are firstly seen in the mouth.
So in American culture of health, importance is given to regular Oral and Dental health checkup which is now very widespread in the world. These regular checkups:
- Avoid harmful oral manifestations and can be furthermore helpful in preventing digestion problems oral infection problems related to the heart and other major cardiovascular diseases.